What Personal Information About Customers Does AWcarpet.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at AWcarpet.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses AWcarpet.com to make easy and personalize your shopping experience.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from AWcarpet.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as purchasing history, personalized greetings, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of AWcarpet.com's convinient features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
We take our customer's privacy seriously and we are not in the business of selling, sharing or renting our customer's information to others. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access. We share partial customer information with the third-parties involved with the sale of a particular merchendise, usually rug manufacturers/distributers and the shipping company to fulfill the purchase order.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of AWcarpet.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; to protect the rights, property, or safety of AWcarpet.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this Policy